Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Innovage Digital Camera - Keychain Camera

I got this little keychain digital camera while at my local Walmart. Of course you know the reason why I got this was because of the price!

Now when I first got it I decided to try it out and it doesn't work too badly if you don't mind your pictures coming out in less than "finest" quality. To make a long story short - it will do in a pinch. But there are some things that I have learned about it.

  • The batteries - since this camera is so small and the batteries that it uses are so small, the batteries run out quickly - not so much quickly but when I have used the camera and then set it aside for awhile and wanted to use it again I find that the batteries have run out. Now if you don't have any replacement batteries at the time this could put a "krimp" in your picture-taking plans.

  • Here is a link to a message forum that also discusses this small digital camera. It seems many people have it but they don't have the software that came with it or they are claiming that the software that they did have has been damaged. They are asking people to send them a copy of the digital camera's software.

  • this small digital camera is also supposed to be able to act as a webcam. So far I haven't been able to use it as such. I'll get a blurry picture for like 10 seconds and then I get this dotted kind of scene - so I'm guessing that the camera is not powerful enough to act as a webcam.

  • the camera itself can be attached via usb port

Lately I have been using my cellphone to take any digital pictures so I haven't used the keychain digital camera for a while. Maybe I'll give it a run-thru to see if it still works - after I get some batteries for it of course.

No comments: