Saturday, September 1, 2007

Moving Things Around!

I don't know about you but when I have to "do" something to my computer like move it around or clean it it is going to involve much more than just cleaning my computer! My computer area is surrounded by wires and cords and plugs and dust! Even if I were able to just let my computer stay where it is and let the dust collect I know that there will be times when I will have to do something with my computer area. For instance today the computer desk area that my computer sits on had to be re-inforced which meant that I had to take everything off to re-inforce it. I have come to find out that when I add things like a usb plug from my digital camera to my computer the plugs wrap around other plugs and other cords and hopefully you get the picture! Of course the impatient person that I am, I just wanted to re-inforce it and get back to work! But it was not going to be that easy!

First of all I resigned myself to the fact that I should turn the computer off before I started moving things around. I didn't like it but I know that it is better to be safe than sorry! So I turned off the computer, took everything off the top including the computer keyboard, the monitor (man this monitor is heavy), the speakers and the terminal! I reinforced the top and put everything back on top. (It also gave me the opportunity to see how dusty my monitor was!).

So now I'm back to where I was although my computer area is still quite cluttered and I still didn't unwind all of the inter-winded cords and stuff!

My computer area definitely needs an overhault!

But not right now!

No comments: