Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Murphy's Law!

Okay, I have 2 printers (actually 3 if you count my dot matrix printer). On this particular day I wanted to print something out (kind of fast, in-a-hurry kind of thing). Well I can't use my newer printer because my black ink is so low that it won't print anything. So I go to use my older Canon printer and find that the print results are kind of "spotty" only because it has been a while since I used that printer (because I had my newer printer that I used).

I read somewhere online that if you don't use your printer for a while then the ink in the printer cartridge tends to dry out - and I think that is what is happening with me right now.

So I have a choice here. Although I still have to get a new black cartridge for my newer computer I'm somewhat hesitant to replace my older computer's cartridge - firstly because I'm "cheap" enough to admit that I want to use the rest of that ink that is in the older cartridge! and I'm thinking that having 2 printers with my "last" replacement printer cartridge in them isn't such a good idea - meaning I don't want anything to go wrong with both of them at the same time.

Of course it would be much easier to just go out and buy some replacement cartridges but they don't always have them in stock so it would be a matter going to the store over and over again until you got lucky! (I remember the last time I went to buy a printer cartridge for one printer and they were out of it but they did have printer cartridges for my other printer so I bought a few of those).

I could also order them online but I'd really like to use that as a last resort!

So right now I'm kinda "stuck" as far as printer cartridges are concerned!

No comments: