Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I Never Knew That Sending A Fax Could Be So Hard!

I know that I have done it before with my Lexmark All-In-One because the activity log shows that I did and I rember about that fax. It was quite a few documents and they were all received successfully!

So this particular night I had some documents that I wanted to fax and I went about setting them up to be faxed. The problem with the fax number though was that it went through a tirade of messages and menus before a fax could be sent and my fax sending mode would beep and I guess that the fax got tired of waiting and the call would disconnect!

After trying again a few more times I came upon the idea of dialing the number myself and waiting for the faxing mode to kick in. The only problem with that was that when I pressed "send fax" the fax would dial the number while I had already dialed it!

Frustrated I got out the manual for the fax program and thought I could change the settings to when I wanted to send the fax. The only problem with that was that I didn't know how long it would take until the recipient's fax mode kicked in!

Then I thought that I would try another fax program. The only problem with that was that it didn't allow me to send multiple documents and it had the same problem as the other fax program in that I couldn't delay the time that the fax "kicked" in!

How did I solve this problem?

I simply looked for another fax number for the recipient that was only their fax number and I sent the fax THAT way! So far it looks as though it "took" but I'm going to call the place to check to make sure that they got the fax!

No comments: