Sunday, March 30, 2008

Problem Solved?

I had an interesting problem with one of my files today.

You know how everybody always advises to have a backup copy of one's file? Of course I don't. Well I have some backup copies of some things but not all of them.

I had a file saved in the .wri format. It was a pretty big-sized file but I was working on it and then deleting the information on it as I worked on it so that the file size would be smaller. Well I opened that file today and besides the first few paragraphs there was a lot of "jargon" on it - just some box symbols that went all the way down the pages! So I thought for sure that all of that information was lost and that I would have to start over again from scratch.

For some reason I decided to open the file in another format - .wpd which is the Corel Wordperfect program. I can't believe that this actually worked but it did! I usually don't use the Wordperfect program because my needs have been met by the Windows Write program. But I'm glad that I have Wordperfect because now my file has been saved so that I can continue to work on it!

Nice (and happy) surprise!

No comments: