Monday, December 7, 2009

Adobe Reader - A VERY Important Program!



I just didn't realize how important the Adobe Reader program was to me until I found out that I couldn't access it anymore!

You see I was quite comfortable with my older version of the Adobe Acrobate Reader. But as I continued to be online there were some .pdf files that I wanted to download and a newer / more cuurent version of the Adobe Reader program was needed! But every the pop up window came on asking whether or not I wanted to update to the most current version of the Adobe Reader program I would always click on "No" because to tell you the truth I really didn't want to be bothered with another long download. My older version of the Adobe Reader was working just fine for me!

But somewhere down the line I must have gotten tired of that pop up message asking me whether or not I wanted to download the latest version of the Adobe Reader program and I checked "Yes". However the latest version of Adobe Reader is a rather large download file and somewhere during the time that I was online and downloading the Adobe Reader program I must have interrupted the download process on more than one occasion.

I say that now because I downloaded a tutorial that was in a .pdf format and of course I was going to use the adobe reader program to take a look at it. Well when I clicked on my Adobe Reader program icon - nothing happened!

Surely I thought that one of my older versions of the Adobe Reader program would kick in but it didn't.

Since the current version of the Adobe Reader program wasn't working for me I decided to un-install it. Unfortunately when I did that it seems that I didn't have any versions of the Adobe Reader program installed!

So now what I am doing is currently downloading the latest version of the Adobe Reader program and since the latest version of the Adobe Reader program is over 25 megabytes in size it is going to take me a little to download the entire program. (I'm downloading it now as I am typing this blog post).

Another reason why the Adobe Reader program is important to me is because I have some ebooks and reports that I have for sale and they are in the .pdf format as well!

So I didn't know exactly how badly I would miss this program until I wasn't able to access it anymore!

I know that there are some Adobe Reader - like programs out there but I would rather have the original Adobe Reader program. Even if I decide to try out some of the other programs that are similar to the Adobe Reader program, I would want to have the original Adobe Reader program.


No comments: